Friday 2 March 2018

Concord & 9th February Release - Mosaic Turnabout, Fabulous Phrases

Well, I'm sad to say that today is my final post as a Guest Designer for the February Release from Concord & 9th! I've enjoyed working with these amazing products so much

This week, we're featuring the Mosaic Turnabout stamp set and Fabulous Phrases dies



Wow is exactly right. This stamp is so fun and the combinations are endless! I stamped both the inner and outer stamps with Catherine Pooler inks and then use the Every Day Greetings circle die to cut out and pop up the inner part of the design.

Last week when we were using the Wonderful Florals die, I had a lot of left over cut-out letters, so I made a list of words that used letters from 'wonderful'. There are quite a few, and WOW perfectly sums up my experience this month with these products!




As I was playing around with colours, I realized that yellows would make great sun rays. Again, I used the Everyday Greetings Circle die, this time with the inner texture die and a sentiment from the Sunshine Turnabout set.



Next up, let's call this 'design by mistake' (and then I liked it so much I did it again!). My intent was to do 3 turns of BlackJack and one pop of Aquatini. I forgot to turn the stamp before I did the pop and ended up stamping over the grey, resulting in a darker shade of Aquatini. So I did it again with Party Dress. I cut my sentiments from white cardstock and smooshed ink onto them to ensure a good match. I laid the sentiments on a simple dark grey strip to help them stand out. (The Hooray die is this month's freebie with a $60 order before midnight on March 8!). 


Last week I saw a video on Instagram where the centre stamp was used WITHOUT A MISTI! I thought this was genius and decided to give it a whirl. It's SO easy and allows you to quickly place more than one image on a panel! 



 Here's a quick video:



I used:

1 comment:

  1. I wondered how you managed to ink up all those different colours, but now I've watched your video I get it.. lol*
    Fabulous cards - and they really show how versatile this stamp is.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.