Wednesday 25 May 2016

Muse 167 - Happy Birthday


It occurs to me now, as I'm posting this, that I was really happy when I saw that Jenni's Muse inspiration for this week isn't flowers.



I love flowers. I love floral inspiration. And I've loved all the beautiful floral inspiration from our Muse design team. But I was excited to see something other than flowers this week.

And then I made a flower card!

I focused on Jenni's
-rainbow colour scheme
-birthday theme
-use of diecuts with black accents

I sponged a rainbow panel and then cut the flowers out and inlaid the petals into my white panel. I used enamel dots to 'solidify' the flower centres and make them look more like daisies and less like poinsettias.

I used:
-Simon Says Stamp Simple Poinsettia Cutouts
-Simon Says Stamp Square Greetings (retired)
-Distress inks
-Black enamel dots

15 comments:

  1. I smiled when I read your post Ardyth - no flowers on the inspiration piece, and then you made a card with them!!
    That is one beautiful card - love your die cut flowers!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! Had to go check out that die! It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card...love all the colors and how you blended the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud when I read your post isn't that just typical to do flowers ?? but do love these flowers in the rainbow colours so bright and cheery! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous - makes me want the die!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty and colourful and so fun, Ardyth ... a downright happy card! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly don't think that there is a crafter out there that would ever get tired of seeing your awesome flower cards...especially when you have created a beautiful inked cascade of rainbow blooms! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just makes me smile, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the variegated colors on the petals and the outline stitching. Great card, Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And such pretty flowers they are. It's hard for me to not use flowers or butterflies on my cards...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty and colorful card! Always loved your floral inspirations 😉

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha! Funny how we gravitate back to certain things without meaning too. Glad you did though because this a beauty. Rainbow swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Colorful and beautiful -- love the sponged rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, I love, love, love this design! I simply can't resist those rainbow colors. And the black enamel centers are the perfect detail for this card.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.