Wednesday 2 December 2015

Church Christmas Project - Day 1 (King of Kings)



During the year, I make about 350 Christmas cards that are sent out by my church (and my parents' church) to members of the two congregations. Click here for more information and a link to my Pinterest board for more cards I made in past years.

Because I make so many of these cards, they are simple in design and usually very flat. You know that I love to make square cards, but for the purposes of this project, the cards are 4.25 x 5.5. I generally make multiples of 4 (either 24 or 28) because I usually have a mat on the front of the card, and you can get 4 from a sheet.

Over the month of December, I'll show you the ones that haven't been blogged previously during the year.

For today's card, I used my favourite creche stamp - an old retired image from Market Street Stamps. I stamped it in early espresso and grounded it with a Paper Smooches Shadow stamp in Crumb Cake. I need help remembering where the sentiment came from (anyone?). I cut the image panel with a Papertrey die from Sending You to echo the 'shine' from the manger. For some colour and warmth, I dug out some very old Basic Grey Fruitcake DP and cut it with an Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die.

12 comments:

  1. Ardyth this is beautiful - and well done on your service of cards for churches, that is quite a commitment.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love. Looking forward to even more inspiration from you Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't wait for this series to start. I always love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...sounds like we are going to be enjoying some yummy eye candy! Can hardly wait to see your past creations!

    Love the plaid - so unpredictable and so appealing! Great image and fabulous font!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love anything with a creche!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ardyth, after seeing your collection of cards on FB, I've been wondering when we'd see them up close and personal! Looks like today's the day...and this card is beyond stunning! Love it...excited to see the delights you'll be sharing in the days to come. 350 cards is WOW!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the most perfect creche stamp. Simple and beautiful, with a perfect sentiment. I know your church, and your parents' church will love this one, and I'm sure they are delighted that you do this. You are a blessing to your congregation. That plaid is really a great backdrop to your die cut focal point. This is beautiful and I look forward to seeing the other ones! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine making 350 cards, Ardyth. I can see how one like this could be made in multiples and yet just a little different by mixing up the colors. I love the panel cut to mimic the aura.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how the die echoes the shape of the shine/aura/halo/? from the creche. And the patterned paper works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful...love that gorgeous plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect image, perfect sentiment, Ardyth ... love it! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.