Saturday 30 May 2015

Muse 119 - Thank you


I had a lovely free day on Thursday, with not much to do (well, regular stuff - groceries, laundry, tidying, chauffering etc) but make cards. And I had a lovely birthday yesterday - thanks for all your birthday wishes!

I made this one for this week's Muse, where we are inspired by Joan's pretty birthday card:



I was inspired by the gold and pink, the use of watercolour and the classic image-over-(script)-sentiment layout.

I used a new Hero Arts flower die and cut two out of watercolour paper. I painted one gold, using my Gansai Tambi, and the other pink, using my new Zig Clean Colour marker. I inlaid the gold one so that it is behind the pink (a bit like the gold hearts on Joan's card) and then I took a big turn by adding the teal flower centre and sentiment.

I hope you'll play along with us; the deadline is Monday morning at 8 am. At that time you can vote for your 3 favourites (even if you didn't link up a card) and then come back on Tuesday at noon to see the voting results. Hope to see you there!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday honey! Love you gold and pink.... mmmmm lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ardyth, I hope you had a really great birthday. Sorry I missed the day, away checking on my parents. Love this card, and the colours. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had the most wonderful birthday with family and friends. And that you ate your weight in birthday cake!!! Gorgeous card by the way....loving the pink and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a day late in the birthday celebrations for you Ardyth but I hope you had an absolutely wonderful day! You certainly deserve it. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like the perfect way to spend one's birthday! Love the results here ... lovely take on Joan's gorgeous card!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had an amazing birthday, Ardyth! Love your pink, gold and aqua flower. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant design and I love this! I have done the 'lay-ins' for dies before but never, ever thought of adding another layer on top but this is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're celebrating your birthday all weekend long my dear friend! Or at least doing exactly what makes you happiest!! This card is just lovely! As soon as I saw Joan's card, my first thought was "What will Ardyth do with this?" And you've come up with a beautiful take on it. Love the addition of the teal. Such a sweet card! Happy birthday/happy weekend! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the teal center - great call! Nice effect with the two layers of petals! Great sentiment!

    Hope you enjoyed a fabulous b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the card Ardyth! The daisy flower die is amazing! Love how you did the colors and the teal center is just perfect. Love, love, love! Glad you had a great birthday!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the addition of the teal to the pink and gold!! And happy belated birthday! I skip Facebook for one day and I miss everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fresh and lovely, Ardyth ... that rich gold (it's watercolour??!) with the pink is luscious ... and the teal centre and sentiment is just the icing on the cake! So happy you had a great birthday, my friend! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.