Tuesday 1 April 2014

CASology 89 - Joke!

This is my second post today. For my OLS/CTS post, please scroll down.



This week's CASology Cue Card is Joke!



This card is not a joke, but it was inspired by a joke. I thought about a  knock, knock! joke. That made me think of a door, which made me think of a house, which made me think of my sister and brother-in-law who are moving.

This card uses a classic layout (image centred over sentiment) and a classic black-and-white colour scheme. These things both lend themselves to CAS cards. But if your focal point is small, it can feel lost in all that white space. I created a 'frame' by layering the smaller white panel onto the white card base. This barely-visible frame adds definition to the card, but it's not distracting.

So there you go. 3 stamps, 2 colours, 2 pieces of cardstock. That's all you need! No joke!

Now it's your turn - go check out what the rest of the DT came up with!



16 comments:

  1. Fantastic Ardyth!
    Love your train of thought, that makes me laugh. I tend to start in once place and end up somewhere completely different--a lot! Congrats to your sister and brother-in-law on their new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your explanation makes perfect sense to me!, and I'm loving this little card. Just one tiny bit of red, so sweet! Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I understand why you chose a house as a focal point. It absolutely reminded me of the playing knock knock when I was little. :) Such a sweet card, Ardyth! May

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lead in for this simply perfect "New Home" card, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting take on the cue card this week Ardyth! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No joke, love this! Like your take on the cue card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, Ardyth ... a knock-knock joke with some fab tips too! Love the pop of red in the heart against the classic black and white! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha Ardyth I loved to read the story behind ur take on the cue card, love the sweet red heart coming out of the chimney !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your reverse approach to the cue word is unique. I was expecting the punchline inside. Surprise. The jokes on me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this is one heck of a thought process so cleverlyy put to paper....and I love it! And another awesome explanation of the design principles that you incorporated into this clever 'no joke' card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the way you came up with this card, one thought triggering many others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was wondering all week how this card related to 'joke'. I never would have guessed your explanation, but now it makes perfect sense. Love it. I am so glad that I am not the only one who thought of knock knock jokes for this cue word.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way your mind works!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I really DID laugh out loud! The best joke Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes I dont see your joke on this card but the idea like a train and it is funny one...I wish I can be so clever like you Ardyth...I put a cat joke card...hope you like to see it on my Blog..it always a happiness to get a critic or comment from the DT member from a challenge..and especially from you..I love all your CAS card...hugs...Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ardyth, now this is one clever card! Nothing better than a "knock knock" joke! I especially love hearing the knock knock jokes of little children (usually not funny at all but I love when they make an attempt and I always wind up laughing!)! Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.