Wednesday 11 December 2013

Big News - The Card Concept

This is my second post for today - for my Day 11 of the 12 Days of Holiday Inspiration, please scroll down.

Grab this DT Badge for your blog

By now you've heard about the newest challenge blog on the block - The Card Concept. It's different from other challenges in that instead of focusing on one style, there are 12 designers using 6 different styles, all using the same inspiration.

 It's a bi-weekly challenge starting in January and I'm one of the 'Clean and Graphic' designers.

Here's the definition of Clean and Graphic

-clean lines
-simple treatment of text
-no frills
-bare-boned
-message is communicated quickly.

Here's a card I made ages ago that I think represents Clean and Graphic really well:



For each challenge you can choose your favourite style or decide to go outside your comfort zone and try a different style! You know I love to make designs that are very clean, but I also truly appreciate all the intricate beauty of some of the design styles that have a lot more elements - I'm looking forward to working with these 11 amazing women and learning something new, too!

21 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new DT position and thanks for directing me to the new challenge blog. Love the concept. I must have missed Lesley's announcement while taking a trip to Sydney, Australia. I look forward to the new challenges and all inspiration from you and the other DT members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have missed this the first time around but I just went and "met" all the designers so far. This sounds like a great challenge and I can't wait until it starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Ardyth! This sounds like a fun challenge. I'll have to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratuations Ardyth, you a perfect for clean and graphic, I look forward to the challenge starting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Ardyth, so happy to have you at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to following another great challenge blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YAY, so this is your news!! I was waiting for the 11th : ) I honestly can not think of ANYone more clean and graphic than you. I'm so curious now to check out who the other designer is in your category. In fact, I'll have to check them all out (I knew about Tracey). So exciting, can't wait for it to start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB card Ardyth & CONGRATS on the news - you are the perfect choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the DT gig, it's you to a tee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool, dear friend! Cannot wait for January when this challenge goes live. I'm thinking you're a perfect fit for this!! So exciting. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, Ardyth ... when I first read about this new challenge, I was wondering (hoping!) if you would be one of the amazing DT ... and you are! Congratulations my friend! Looking forward to playing along! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how fun will this challenge be! You are an amazing clean and graphic designer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, Ardyth! I have admired your work for a long time and look forward to working with you. Hoping some of your wonderfully unique style rubs off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Ardyth! You are the PERFECT designer for Clean and graphic designs. I look forward to this challenge starting up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Ardyth! Looking forward to seeing a whole whack of stunning clean & graphic designs...which we all know you will ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah Congrats Ardyth, you ROCK your style and it is TRUE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ardyth. Congratulations! I am so looking forward to working with you. I can see you have many admirers :-)
    I love your lovely fresh style.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting concept. Looking forward to checking it otu after the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats x 100000! You are a perfect fit for this team!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can already tell that this challenge is going to be a great one. So glad to see you on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, my goodness! I'm so glad you showed this card...it's stellar. And I hadn't heard about the challenge until now...but I'm going to have to check it out. P.S. Thanks for the nice things you said about my card at CASology. I was super thrilled to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.