Monday 24 September 2012

FS294 - Casing Jackie



This week's Featured Stamper is Jackie Rockwell. She is a wonderfully talented lady who has a Cameo Silhouette (or is it Silhouette Cameo - I can never remember). I am convinced that she also heads up "the conspiracy" to make me want and purchase a Cameo. So far I have resisted, but every time I see one of her Cameo cards on the Cameo Spotlight blog, it gets harder and harder. And Christmas is coming!

I absolutely love Jackie's work and quite a few of my 'all-time favourites' are her cards. When I commented on  this card that Jackie submitted to the CASology  SKY challenge last week,


she told me that she had almost 'dedicated' it to me - she knew that it was in my style - favourite layout, bright colours and simple shapes. Isn't it fun how we get to know each other and recognize the designers of cards even before we click?

I knew I just had to CASE it for this challenge. I really wish I had had more time on Sunday to do some more cards (and I may still do more later in the week), but life got in the way, as it does! lol!

It was not my original intention to have a star that was completely sparkly, but a Stickles 'accident' made it a necessity! Fortunately, no one was hurt! I cut the star with two Nestabilities and then sponged it with Honey and Marmalade distressed inks. I edged it in Stickles and then laid it down to dry. Then I put something down on top of it (the accident) and to fix it, just smeared the Stickles around a bit with my finger. All fixed!

8 comments:

  1. Well, the sparkles look deliberate, and it looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Love how you CASEd Jackie's card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning, even with the stickles "accident". I agree with you Jackie is amazing with her silhouette and her card making skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the two-tone star, and I think it looks great covered in Stickles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie is definitely heading that conspiracy - I'm almost afraid to check out her blog every day!! Love your star - it's wonderful in the two slightly different yellows backed in black and gray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great CAS case! Like the big, bold style. Jackie's card is super, too. I have yet to browse her gallery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only does your card have a huge star but it's a huge sparkly star. *Sigh* Be still my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always get a kick out of the way you write Ardyth! "Fortunately, no one was hurt" by your "Stickles accident", LOL!

    You're one of my sweetest blogging friends.

    Your card is AMAZING! How do you photograph the glitter so well? I can never capture the sparkle like you do.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.