Tuesday 28 February 2012

Featured Stamper 264 - Cat Crazy

Ah, my favourite challenge! This one was easy - so many lovely cards to choose from. We had a very busy Sunday, so I didn't get a chance to play until Monday, but I would hate to miss a featured stamper challenge.

Here's the first one I chose for inspiration - you know I can't resist a snowflake!


And here's my take - different colours and embossed differently, but same basic layout:




Second inspiration piece:


I focused on the intricate die cut and the 3 dots and came up with this funky thing:



This final inspiration:





What stood out for me on this one was the rounded sentiment over the the focal image. This inspiration resulted in the birthday card I'm going to give my daughter, whose birthday is next Monday.



I'm so happy with this card! I think the colours, sparkles and clean layout are the perfect mix of sophistication and fun for a nine year old. I can't wait to give it to her!


Supplies:

"Merry Christmas"
Stamps: Savvy
Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Marina Mist
Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder, ? snowflake die

"Dotty Birthday"
Stamps: Stamps of Life
Paper: Summer Sunrise, Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Basic Black, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Summer Sunrise
Accessories: Memory Box die, 1/4 inch circle punch, stickles

"Kate's 9th Birthday"
Stamps: My Sentiments Exactly
Paper: Sparkle, Basic Black, Summer Sunrise, Lucky Limeade, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Gina K
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Nestability, Papertrey Ink Number die







2 comments:

  1. A super selection of cards! I really like the one for your daughter - and she's going love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your cards are gorgeous - I bet your daughter is going to love her card:) Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.