Thursday 26 January 2012

Happy Birthday Kara

I've seen at least two blogs with challenges to look back at your old cards and redo them - one is called the "What was I thinking" challenge. Well in the spirit of these challenges, I thought that I would show you the cards I've made for family members over the years. Some I don't have photos for, some I have TERRIBLE photos for and many, I really do wonder what was I thinking, but hey, it's all for fun, right?

Kara is my sweet niece, who lives in the UK. We don't see her very often, although we were lucky enough to have a fantastic vacation with the whole of my husband's family in France last summer, to celebrate my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary.

So here are a few of Kara's cards.

2007 was a wheel that you could turn - it had 4 messages: Kara, Happy Birthday, 2, Love Struan and Katy


2009 (not sure where 2008 went!) - obviously my "more is more" period!

2011 (2010 appears to be MIA, but I recall a Cricut-cut "5" shaped card) - seems like yesterday!


And finally, 2012, in my current favourite girly colour combination:


I made both rings of dots by cutting a scalloped circle with a nestability and then using the reverse scalloped circle inside to cut away the centre.

I think it's fun to look back and see how styles (and hopefully skills!) evolve over time, don't you?

Supplies (2012 only)
Stamps: Inkadinkado Alphabet
Paper: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Concord Crush, Pumpkin Pie, Green Sparkly (DCWV)
Ink: Melon Mambo, Concord Crush, Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore
Accessories: Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Reverse Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Stickles (dark blue and glam pink), Cuttlekids numbers, Cuttlebug


1 comment:

  1. I wish I was your niece! Tho' truthfully, I can't complain - I'm on your Christmas Card list (and we love opening your envelopes when they arrive in the post :)

    They are beautiful, Kara must love them.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.