Saturday 9 December 2017

FS566 - Alcohol Ink Merry Christmas



Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Becky!

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Becky's:
-rainbow background
-black script sentiment
-crystal embellishment

I changed:
-background technique
-orientation and layout
-no ribbon

I tried a wet-on-wet technique with Alcohol Inks and rubbing alcohol. It's similar to wet on wet with watercolour. I covered my Yupo paper with rubbing alcohol before dropping the inks on it. Then I tilted the paper back and forth to get the inks to move and blend. As it dries, it continues to move and soften a bit, and gives these dreamy blends. I made 3 different panels (in the video below).

I inlaid the snowflake and sentiment using my craft pick and jewel picker. These two tools are so useful for picking up the tiny pieces and putting them where they belong!



I used:



2 comments:

  1. Love the cards you make. I was wondering where do you find the rubbing alcohol compound? I’m just starting to work with the alcohol inks and love them. Thank you for your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! That’s an awesome technique ! I’d never thought it would blend so smooth. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.