Saturday, 15 July 2017

FS545 - Beautiful Birthday


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper Cindy (aka Weekend Warrior).

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Cindy's:
-rose theme
-black sentiment
-watercolour

I changed:
-technique (I inlaid the rose with watercoloured pieces)
-layout

I loved Cindy's 'messy', outside the lines watercoloured look, but mine didn't turn out as pretty, so I cut it out and inlaid the watercoloured pieces back into the outline die. I like to use Be Creative tape for that - it gives a sticky surface for all the little pieces to adhere to.

Here's a video of the watercolouring and inlaying processes:



I used:
-A Jillian Vance Design Beautiful Rose Stamp Set and Dies



2 comments:

Maxine D said...

How very pretty Ardyth, and I love how you took the piece your were not happy with and transformed it
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

Lovely, and great save.