Monday 22 May 2017

IB57 - Thinking of You


It was very rainy here in Toronto yesterday, so I had plenty of indoor time to make 2 cards for this week's Inspired by All the Little Things



For the first one, I was inspired by the colours and the tulips. I made this Distress Oxide background a while ago, and was waiting for the right place to use it. I used all the colours I have on this one, in a similar way to yesterday's video, layering them up, and then adding spots of water. To let it be the main focus, I simply stamped an outline image then die cut it with matching dies and popped it up.


For the second one, I took a more 'orderly' approach! I die cut these sweet Papertrey tulips and sponged Distress Ink (not Oxide - these are more translucent, and I wanted them to fade to white at the tips of the tulips) on them. I popped them up then added some Stickles for sparkle.

I used:
-MFT Spring Tulips and matching dies
-Papertrey Flower Mandala II
-Papertrey Butterfly Hope



8 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty! The background on your first card is incredible. I like that you added just a few leaves to those sweet blooms on the second card. Such a pretty design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ardyth - your cards are stunning! And both so different - your oxide ink background is so pretty, and your tulip pattern on the second one is striking. Thanks for joining us this week at Inspired By All The Little Things :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both. Maybe the second a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning cards Ardyth - love the top one in particular
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You nailed the interpretation of the inspiration photo with these two beauties. Love the REALLY COOL background on the first card and REALLY, REALLY LOVE the cascading colors on the second card. Nice bits of sparkle too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Ardyth. LOVE those tulips every time you use them. The set is on my wishlist now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those distress oxide inks look so beautiful. I want them, but with the drastic exchange rate, I'm going to be waiting a long time. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.