Tuesday 8 December 2015

CASology 176 - Tree


This week's CASology Cue Card is Tree.



I went a little outside the box and used these 3 Creatiate stamps to build a tree (a la Donna Mikasa here). I stamped the words in Stampin Up Mossy Meadow. I decorated my tree by adding a star from Simon Says Stamp (Lots of Stars) and a little heart that I've lost track of.

Those swoopy, scripty words are pretty fancy, so to keep it CAS, I used straight lights for my layers and minimized any kind of embellishment - just the pierced rectangle die for a finished edge.

Now it's your turn - be sure to check out the rest of the DT for more inspiration!


17 comments:

  1. How awesome is this?! You found three words that are stackable and all in the same font & size!!! Goodness, this is clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore your 'tree'. Love how you kept it clean and simple - the words definitely steal the show! Adore the little red hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tree! Beautifully CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic tree Ardyth - love the wee hearts and the star - by keeping the card layout simple the tree really shines!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is lovely as a tree! (haha, stamping humour) I see Donna's inspiration in your card, but it is truly your own! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love the use of words for your tree layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome...lovely wordy tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ingenious and gorgeous, Ardyth! I'm rather taken with your pierced rectangle? If you have a chance, can you let me know who makes it, please and thank you!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome CAS design, Ardyth! The sentiments build a perfect tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you built your own tree, and the mini hearts are an inspired and sweet touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so clever! Also love the fat matting around the 'tree' and the hearts within each word! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Genius, Ardyth ... love how you've used those sentiments to create your Christmas tree ... the scripty font hints brilliantly at the way pine branches drape! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I just fell in love with those sentiments...the font is beautiful, and they make a beautiful "tree" when stacked! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Ardyth!! I love your card. The sentiments are fabulous. I love the font. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.