Friday 15 March 2013

OLW131 - Green, Orange and White


I'm finally back with my card for this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge, to use the colours of the Irish Flag - Green, White and Orange.

It's post-birthday time in my house (my daughter's birthday was last week), so I'm making lots of thank you notes for her to use. It's so nice to be using spring images and colours at last!

Isn't this image wonderful? My friend, Lisa Lara created this stamp (as part of a whole set called Flutters and Flowers). I love the big open centres - lots of space for blending and getting really wonderful colours. As soon as I saw Lisa using it on her blog, I bought it - I know this will be a favourite for a long time because it's versatile. Just by changing your colours slightly, it can be used for Mother's Day, birthday, thank you, even sympathy!

The sentiment is Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday.

I hope you'll play along with us - remember to link up to the InLinkz button on the right of the page!

16 comments:

  1. Love this gorgeous image, looks fantastic in these colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love with this beautiful image.You colored it perfectly !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty image! I like the minimal use of colour - and not a straight line in sight ;)

    I'm reconsidering my OLW card - not happy enough with it to post it, but I'll be there eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it really is a wonderful image, so spring like ... I love how you've done the shading and blending! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Really makes me yearn for spring. So happy too! love it. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...this stamp is seriously a must have! Awesome job shading the daisy centres. Tracing the stems really makes the image pop - absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is just so lovely! So bright and springlike!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet, simple, so-cute, spring-time card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card,Love your coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty, you're so right about the colouring potential of this digi :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love daisies and these are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a walk in the garden, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, just beautiful! Love the sentiment as your ground!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.