Wednesday 27 March 2013

Christmas Cheer


Everyone is playing with sequins this week and I thought I'd join in, even though I'm not on the official blog hop. These sequins are from Hero Arts and were probably bought in my first year of stamping (2006) - when I was buying everything in sight, JUST IN CASE I might ever need it. The day has finally arrived!

I kept the treatment very simple, but popped each sequin up a little by using two stacked glue dots (I didn't want to use foam because the sequins are translucent). The die is from Simon Says Stamp and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up (Sweet Essentials).

Tomorrow is my first day as a member of a Jury Selection panel. While I understand the need for citizens to do their duty by providing this service (for free), I can tell you that I'd really rather not spend 3 months of my life listening to a criminal (drugs and weapons) trial and then having to decide whether the defendant is guilty or not. But I will take a page from my friend Susan, who keeps a gratitude journal and is grateful for SNOW this week. I figure I can be grateful for the opportunity to participate in our legal system - it's a new experience and I'm sure I'll learn a lot and maybe even meet people. I can be grateful that I have this duty because I live in a free country where I can believe and say what I like. And I can be grateful that we don't have any fresh SNOW! lol!


20 comments:

  1. GREAT card! Love the tree die and the perfectly placed, few sequins. Nice sentiment style, too. :) I can't believe you can actually FIND things you bought in 2006--or that you even remember that you bought them! Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply splendid card, Ardyth. Hope your jury duty goes well

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I hope they decide they don't need you for jury duty! Your card is fabulous...I think I need to CASE it :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! (I mean the card... definitely NOT jury duty!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning ... I'm grateful you got those gorgeous concentric circle sequins way back when, Ardyth ... and that you've shared them with us on such a splendid card! Good luck with JD. Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sweet blinged up Charlie Brown Christmas tree! Great idea to use glue dots to secure the sequins!

    Best of luck with your jury duties! Hopefully it will be a quick trial.
    (Do you think they would mind if you brought in just one crafting magazine?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this tree. It would be easy to make multiples if you didn't pop up the sequins.

    Good luck on jury duty. I report next Wednesday, unless it's canceled. I've always wanted to serve but the timing couldn't be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful CAS sequined tree, Ardy!

    And beautiful jury-duty attitude!! I salute you for doing the right thing (and, psst, I hope the case settles quickly)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card! Love the sequins, and it does really pay to hang onto those things we buy when we don't know why we did! I love that you used gray for your tree. Oh, heck, I just love your card! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really hope jury service doesn't go on for that amount of time!!!
    CAStastic Christmas card... those sequins are the perfect decoration :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clean, simple and fabulous! love that tree!
    happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet tree with perfectly placed sequins! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just too cute!!! Reminds me of an elegant version of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to laugh when you explained that you are just using the sequins you bought in 2006! I can totally relate. Your card is phenomenal. Love the simple little tree with those gorgeous sequins...they look like candy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, now those are fun sequins! That die has been on my list for awhile now, ever since I first saw it. Love it in gray!!

    I ended up really enjoying my jury duty (although it was only for 4 days). At the time, it was really eye-opening working with others from the community. I really only interacted with college-educated 20-somethings at a job that I worked 60+ hour weeks. Teachers, retired folks, a mechanic, an ex-lawyer (boy that was a challenge), and stay-at-home-moms were all so interesting to listen to. I wouldn't have the same reaction now, of course, but it did leave a big impression on me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this Christmas card Ardyth~beautiful simplicity!

    I pray it goes well for you on jury duty~

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a beautiful card Ardyth - minimalism at its finest! I entered the ukchristmasworld.com comp last year and tried to go for a minimal card design but it did NOT go down well! I guess you have to have the eye for this kind of thing...

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.