Tuesday 19 March 2013

CASology 36 - Song


This week's CASology Cue Card is SONG!



We've got a sponsor this week - The Alley Way Stamps. Check out this week's CASology post for all the details.

I used 3 TAWS sets - It's Fall About You (leaf and 'eh'), Awesome Blossom ('from') and The Gang ('love'). I don't know the background of the illustrators at TAWS, but I think there's at least a 'secret' Canadian - the maple leaf is the perfect Canadian icon, and those of you who've met us, know that we say 'eh' a lot, eh? lol!

When the requirement is song, I generally go to David Bowie for my inspiration. No, he did not write O Canada. But he did write a song that loosely fits with this card. "This is Not America" is the theme song to a 1985 film called The Falcon and the Snowman, starring Sean Penn and Timothy Hutton. The film was based on a true story about two young American men who sold government information to the Soviets.

I hope you're not offended by my lighthearted ribbing - we Canadians just like to remind our American friends from time to time that we are NOT the 51st State! lol!

Now it's your turn to sing! Choose a song and make a card inspired by it - don't forget to link up by 4:00 CST on Sunday.

Before you go - take a look at the rest of the cards made by the Design Team for SONG!







22 comments:

  1. I love how you mixed sentiments. You are so creative like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a proud Canuck I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never be offended by a post of yours as long as you mention my fave David Bowie!! (plus my stepmom is Canadian and my dad lived out the last years of his life in Canada and loved it!) :)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries from this American! Besides, I come from a long line of Canadians (on my dad's side)! Love this Ardyth! So CAS, love the red and how you've embossed/stickled the edges of the leaf! It's really fun, and quite funny, eh?! Bev ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.. how perfect and how Canadian, eh? I love the CAS design! I am with you on being Canadian! Waving hi from good old Waterloo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so offended! Just kidding! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspired ... love that maple leaf ... and I'm not offended at all ... but then I wouldn't be! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could never be offended by you...or your beautiful cards! I love your clever design and the leaf is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ardyth, you make me laugh! I take no offense...I actually visited Canada for this first time this past summer and LOVED it! Your card is wonderful...I love the red embossed maple leaf and how it pops against the white card base. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From one Canadian to another, this is fabulous!!! Awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So clever & creative--love it! We can take the ribbing--no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  12. dang you are clever!! as someone who has family in canada and spent many summers there as a kid... i'm definitely not offended!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this would be a perfect card to get from you! That glitter on the edge of the maple leaf is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Offended? No. Laughing? Yes. This just makes me smile! I LOVE to tease my SIL (a Canadian) about the ole "eh." Heehee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great tribute to us Canadian's 'eh'! Love your red and maple leaf card, makes me smile Ardyth! orry I am a bit behind on commenting this week. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the smile. Your card made me a little homesick for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun, funky "Canada" card! Yes, ya'll do say "eh?" a lot, but that's part of the Canadian charm. Similar to how the French say "no?" :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want some alleyway stamps, eh! Super bold and cute too. Thanks for reminding me to link up, some nights after Karate, I just can't muster to get it all done! Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you accented your leaf and used THREE sets on this perfectly CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL! Awesome take on the cue and I love the glittered edge of the leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this Canadian card, eh? Makes me feel really patriotic even from down here in Maryland. Funny I just saw a Canadian flag flying from someone's front porch and I was so tempted to ring the bell and say hi!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.