Tuesday 12 March 2013

CASology 35 - Extraterrestrial


Today's CASology Cue Card is Extraterrestrial!



With these simple shapes and colours and not an alien in sight, I hope you got "phone", "home", and the little trail of Reese's Pieces as references to everyone's favourite alien, E.T.

When I showed it to him, my husband didn't get this card at all, but he didn't have the benefit of the Cue Card as a clue. Or the benefit of having grown up in North America. Really, sometimes I just ask too much of him! lol!

I slipped this into my son's suitcase this weekend when he headed off for his March break trip to Parris Island, SC with his squadron of Canadian Air Cadets. I'm sure he'll have a great time and learn a ton of really interesting military-type stuff, but he'll appreciate knowing that we miss him.

So now it's your turn - Area 51, Beam Me Up, Space Oddity (did you notice the Bowie reference? lol) -  take it away and show us what Extraterrestrial means to you! Don't forget to link up by Sunday at 4 pm (CST).

And drop by the blogs of the other design team members, to see their unearthly creations!





20 comments:

  1. Another seriously clever card! I'm old enough to remember that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...ET PHONE HOME!!!

    I totally lost it when I saw your card!

    Your son is going to love this! How cute, how clever, how perfectly Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally got this right away! Love it! ET was my youngest son's favorite movie when he was a little guy. Another amazing creation Ardyth. Seriously love this. Might have to CASE this for his birthday this year. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, well I had to read this post to see how clever you've been for this chalenge, what a great card and great cryptic message too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my very favourite films! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe I shouldn't admit it but I got phone and house (it's late ok?!!)! Sooo clever, love those shiny RPs ... what a brilliant card for your son to find in his case! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have done it once again, ardyth!! this is clever, clever, clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh ET was and still is such a classic movie, love your catchy card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh...perfect...can you please send me some of the Reese Pieces? I love them...not sure if works with me just signing up for Weight Watchers on line!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I squealed when I saw this on the DT blog. Genius. Absolute genius. And now I want some Reese's Pieces...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are amazing Ardyth! I LOVE ET, I got the phone home but didn't put the Reese's pieces to it until I read your post! Reese's pieces are my all time favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very fun design Ardyth! love the colorful 'Reeses pieces'!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE it!!! Darling CAS creation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea Ardyth, don't know how you think these things up! Love the card too

    ReplyDelete
  15. CAN. NOT. BELIEVE. you made Reeses Pieces on your card. I wonder if you're the first to do so? The colors are perfect! I so love your endless pool of creativity.

    Hope you and Kate are having a blast together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your brain is amazing Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just too cute!!! Very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute and so clever and the perfect card to put in your son's case! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these colored dots and always a good idea to phone home!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute, clever, fun way to remind your son to call home! :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.