Wednesday 20 June 2012

Telling a Story



A while ago, I posted this card as part of a challenge to use dots.




One anonymous reader left a comment that she liked it in an off-the-wall way and that it triggered a story in her head. I thought that was funny, because when I made that card, it told me a story too and today's card is the story. I saw the chevrons as water and stamped the Impress stamp in Kaleidecolor Caribbean. I then masked the top row of the chevrons, stamped the sun in Kaleidecolor Desert and used the same large solid circle to make the 'land' in garden green. I used another mask and a little Christmas tree stamp from an old Papertrey set - these trees are just two different lengths of the tip of that stamp. Added some sparkle to the water, as you would get during a beautiful sunset and voila - a lovely Happy Summer card for my daughter's french teacher who tends to go to the wilderness in the summer (I don't blame her at all - she deserves some peace and quiet!). I'm still trying to get the sentiment right - when you put "Happy Summer" into the Google translator, you get "Ete Heureuse" while my rusty french mind thinks it should be "Bonne Ete". Any help would be appreciated!

7 comments:

  1. I'm the anonymous reader who saw your first card as 3 little kids playing in the water, which felt off-the-wall because really, pink water? My quirky mind was happy with pink water because it made such deep water look safe for little kids, sort of like they were swimming in cotton candy. How's that for a Shrink's delight? :-)
    Love today's card too!

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab story and card/s

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I never thought to use chevrons for water, but they work perfectly. Love the sparkle, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling, Ardyth! Those colors are so vivid. Sorry I can't help you with the French translation, though. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sweet little scene! Can't help you with the translation though. I say put whatever you like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card and the story!
    the Ispeak - French iPhone app says - ete heureux.
    Bon or bonne would mean good as apposed to happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever use of the tree stamp - never would have thought to do this. The stickles on the water is pure genius!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.