Tuesday 26 June 2012

LIM74/FS281 - Paper Piecing



This year is our 15th wedding anniversary. I'm working on a '15 things I love about you' project, but Laura's card inspired me to also make an anniversary card. I used a DeNami 'love' stamp and various clear hearts. I found  SU! designer paper to paper piece the hearts, to incorporate this week's Less Is More challenge. Finally I added the little red hearts and the 'xv' for 15.

(Laura's inspiration photo)


On to other business: Lura asked for more detail about the horse stamp used in these cards.
It is a 2" square wood-mounted stamp (I'm sure it was originally in the $1 or $1.50 bin at Michael's). One side of the stamp says : Hampton Art, Washington NC, 27889, Made in China, copyright 2009, Designed for Studio g. The other side has a barcode with number 7  29632 10168 7. I hope you find it. I looked on ebay (where I got mine) on Monday morning for you - no luck. If you want, please email me at ardythpr@gmail.com and send me your address - I can stamp a bunch for you and send them to you.

15 comments:

  1. Your card is very stylish and elegant. Nice paper piecing and the black striped hearts are so modern. The xv is a neat touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "love" -- fabulous, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the hearts and your xv, very stylish card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a classy anniversary card! DH & I will be celebrating our 15th in December! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ardyth, These are just awesome love the clean crisp design :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ardyth this is a fantastic anniversary card. Love the CAS design. Happy anniversary! We celebrate our 22nd this August (I was a child bride--LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design, love the paper pieced hearts, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to use a large script stamp - make it the focal point of the card and then support it with a few well placed elements! "Love" how the three hearts follow the line of the stamp. The XV is just the coolest idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, look at you, paper piecing and doing an amazing job of it! I love the designs. Isn't it the best to make a beautiful card for your spousie or a member of your family and know it's as beautiful (or better) than what you could buy?!

    Happy 15!! I love your idea of writing down 15 things you love about him! Our next will be 41 and I don't know if I could manage 41! I'm kidding! Sit down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 15th anniversary! Your card is CAS gorgeousness and I love the stripy hearts and the "XV" - such a sweet touch!

    And how funny - I was going to ask you for you email address today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love... with your card!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful Ardyth
    Love the simplicity
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.