Wednesday 13 June 2012

FTL #194 & New Stampin' Up! Goodies


For this week's Fall-to Layout:



Impress flower, SU! Thank you, various dots. Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple ink. Raspberry Ripple and Whisper White cardstock.


I spent some time with my new inks this afternoon. As predicted, I'm loving the 3 colours I used above.I ordered the cardstock pack so I could see them all, but only got the 3 inkpads used here - pretty sure I won't order Starfruit, and the jury's out on Primrose Petal. I find with these in-colours that you can often just get away with another permanent colour - do you find that? Except Cool Caribbean - I'm still sad that we don't have that one anymore!

As for the firm foam ink pads, I haven't really decided what I think. They are definitely different from the old pads and some of them are very juicy (there's ink EVERYWHERE - especially on my clear blocks). I tried different techniques for getting full coverage on the flower (wood-mounted rubber) - this is about the sixth one I stamped - Raspberry Ripple was not so juicy. It was certainly more than the 'tap-tap' that I've heard about, but not as much as the 'tap-tap-push-twist-tap-tap' that the old ones were. I tried the inks with both rubber and clear stamps. I think it's going to be an ongoing journey while I get used to them.

The "thank you" is from a set called "Made for You" - it's one of 2 (yes, only 2!) new sets that I bought. Still waiting for my catalogue (given up on Stampin' Up! mailing list - called my Demo who has sent me one, but it hasn't arrived yet).

All in all, a fun afternoon with my new goodies - let me know what you've ordered and what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping their new inks would be more saturated. A REAL navy blue would be wonderful, and a bright razzleberry would be nice too. Don't the colors look kind of faded to you, compared to yesterday's card, for instance?

    I was also hoping the ink pad would be changed so they're not so impossible to open when the weather is humid.

    but your card is still wonderful, as usual.

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card and the font. Is the sentiment from the new "Made For You" set? Just got my first SU order. The Chevron folder looks awesome, the Two By Two stamp is going to be so much fun to color/paper piece, the new In-Color pack is just ok, and the Basic Black ink is going to be a test drive for a bit. Like I said earlier, lots of mixed reviews about the ink at our last club night. I did like how the black stamped but will have to play a bit and see how things "ink up".

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.