Friday 15 June 2012

Merry Christmas




For this week's Freshly Made Sketch. I had to laugh when I saw the blog - under the title, it asks "Will you be the Queen of Clean". Let me tell you, my cards are the only area where it's even a possibility! lol!

Also for this week's Casual Friday challenge to use acetate or vellum.

I seem to be focused on Christmas lately. I wanted the strip down the side to be one word and the "sentiment" element to be another, so I guess now that I think about it, it could have been Happy on the strip and Birthday on the bottom, or Thank on the strip and You on the bottom. Actually, the possibilities now appear to be endless, but it didn't occur to me at that point, so Merry Christmas it is!

The snowflake is an old Cuttlebug die cut from vellum, edged in Stardust Stickles. Christmas is a masked part of a big DeNami stamp and the Merry is unknown. Raspberry Ripple and Gumball green ink.

16 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Ardyth! I love the embossed "Christmas" and the snowflake! So classy! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vellum snowflake and your color combo! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ardyth - I love the way you stamped all the way down the side, and that glittered vellum snowflake?!? AWESOME! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Si on réfléchit bien, Noël n'est plus si loin et bientôt il va falloir s'y employer. Tu as bien raison de commencer tôt, en plus elle est magnifique!

    Je te souhaite un très bon weekend et je vais essayer de venir voir plus souvent. promis!

    Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Christmas card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning, Ardyth! Good for you for getting a headstart on Christmas, and I LOVE seeing DeNami stamps in action. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great christmas card Ardyth! I love your take on this sketch! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design all around! Love the vellum snowflake! So happy that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the elements and the texture of this card! You should also enter it in the LIM "metal" challenge with your silvery Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, it's "something shiny" at LIM, not necessarily metal ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do think you're the queen of clean and I love this snowflake too! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Ardyth .... love that sparkly snowflake and merry panel ... stunning!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The snowflake looks awesome diecut from vellum! Great job on the stamped "Merries"! Do you sweat/panic when you get down to the last one or two images to stamp, hoping and praying that you don't drop your stamp, or smudge or wiggle ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic design, Ardyth! I love the repeated sentiment stamped as a border in alternating colors--so clever. The silver embossing looks amazing, too! Thanks for joining us again at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, love that snowflake! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.