Wednesday 13 June 2012

Colour Challenges




This card is for this week's Colour Q challenge. I love these colours together. Blue and green are my go-to for masculine cards, but I wanted to use the negatives from the die cut from this card sitting on my desk. I didn't think any of us needed to see another Joy to the World card in the middle of June, so I went for Peace on Earth instead. I left the 'earth-cuts' on the Cricut cutting mat while I stamped Stamps of Life 'peace'. Memory box bird fussy-cut and popped up on dimensionals.






This card, for this week's Dynamic Duo colour challenge looks black, but it's Basic Gray - so is the ink. This is one of two new stamp sets I ordered from Stampin' Up - you'll recall (maybe not, it's been a while!) that I make horse cards for my equine-surgeon-sister to give to her friends and clients so I'm always excited to see new horse images. Instead of layering the white onto regal rose, I masked the centre with a smaller square and sponged the edges with the pink ink. I like the slightly uneven effect you get with the sponging - I'll do that again for sure.

This is another of the new inkpads - this one was juicy and quite easy to stamp with, although I did have to let the ink dry. I don't know if the in-colours just have less ink in them, because I definitely found them harder to work with than the Basic Gray.

One reader mentioned yesterday that she finds that the SU! pads are harder to open in the humidity of the summer. That got me thinking (and remembering how puzzled I was by the design of these pads when I first started stamping, and how puzzled I still am if a top ever comes off and I have to re-attach it!) I definitely notice a difference stamping in different seasons. Clear stamps are very soft in the heat, and even the rubber ones are a little different. I'm not sure I've ever connected my difficulty opening the inkpads to the humidity, but I did find my new pads stiff and difficult to open, so not sure if it's because they're new, or because of the weather. Interesting.... Do you notice any differences in different weather?



16 comments:

  1. Hi Ardyth,
    Love seeing this horse stamp! What a great way to use the colours and the CAS look is fabulous! Thank you for playing along at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful CAS card for the DD challenges with such a striking horse image. Thanks for playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are beautiful but I love the horse card, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the designs you come up with Ardyth. Love that peace design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully designed card, Ardyth, love the stamped words behind the dove! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful horse card, Ardyth! Love the clean design! I recently got a horse stamp in a set I purchased and haven't been able to think of any way to use it...until now! Thanks for the inspiration! :) Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, your card for the Colour combo is so adorable and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you have showcased the horse. It's a beautiful stamp and keeping it simple just with the pink border is a perfect touch! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fabulous. I love them both! Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, that is a whole lot of work glueing the negative pieces in place. Great idea - looks awesome! I love the inked border on the horse card. Your creativity is endless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome!! so glad you decided to join us at the ColourQ this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, Ardyth! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Encore deux superbes cartes. Tu est vraiment très créatif! En plus, ça fait quelques temps, que je ne suis pas venu voir ...oups :-(
    J'adore les chevaux mais ici j'aime beaucoup la carte en bleu-vert...

    Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow, just getting caught up here. LOVE, love your peace card. how cool to split up the sections like that, and the bird on top totally completes the theme. great job, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card! Thanks for playing along with CQC this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just ALMOST got that horse stamp---what a beauty! And your CQC card is quite creative! You have patience! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.