Sunday 24 June 2012

CFC58 - Pretty in Pink



This card is for this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge, Pretty in Pink. It was inspired by this photo from Pinterest:



I started with an old daisy punch from McGill. This punch will not go through cardstock, so I had to think about how to make graduated pink daisies without using the various shades of pink cardstock. In the end, I found some leftover creamy shimmer paper that I had used in the distant past for some wedding invitations. I used four of my copics to make blocks of colour on the shimmer paper and then cut the daisies from there. Stampin' Up pearls and an unknown Thank you (Clear and Simple?). This will be a pretty card for my girlfriend who took my daughter all day on Saturday so that I could focus on my son's paintball party (an unqualified success, by the way, but man, it would be an expensive hobby!) Still no card for his birthday on Monday. I'm sure some inspiration will hit.....(soon, please!!)

18 comments:

  1. Ardyth this is such a pretty card, those little flowers are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, where am I? Doesn't look like an Ardyth card to me. :-) But it IS very pretty and original.

    Got any Splat stamps for your son's card? If he's into paintball, paint splats would fit. Maybe your grass stamp blurred would make paint splats?

    Can's wait to see what you do!

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I love the cards you've made while I was away.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ardyth, this is so, so, SO pretty! I love it! I think this is the prettiest card I have seen in a very long time. :-)

    As for your son... I'm hopeless with boy cards. I think that some version of your "Thanks ever so much" card, but in boy colours and without the "flower" bits. Those dots could be very groovy. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ardyth this is so delicate and pretty! What a clever idea to color the shimmer paper with your Copics. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous - the shimmer paper is so, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely pink card Ardyth, well done I love the flowers esp. :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ardyth, you were clever to find a way to use your old punch. :) What good is a punch if it doesn't want to work hard for you? LOL

    Your card is a treasure! It's simple but oh so stunning, and you were highly inspired by that pic.

    Thanks for leaving some love at my blog recently...it was nice of you to visit! So your DD is 9? And into makeup already? Hmmm! My 8th grader (well, now 9th) has been into makeup for as long as I can recall. My 10 YO barely wears it, though! Different personalities....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so soft & pretty! Love how the flowers have grown outside the border just a bit...adds so much interest to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ardyth! This is stunning! I love the shimmer paper - it takes the entire design to a whole new level. I would have guessed that you bought those flowers as stickers - they're so well done! So happy to see you at CAS-ual Fridays this week! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and flowers,love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning card! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea to colour the paper, I love the gradient in colour and how the beautiful flowers lay across the card :0)
    So glad you joined us this week at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Ardyth! Love the raised flowers and how they cascade!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! Very creative the way you colored the flowers to punch them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully done, Ardyth. The flowers seem to be blowing in the wind.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.