Tuesday 19 June 2012

Better Late than Never? FS280 - Emily Keaton



I chose this card of Emily's because of the layout, which I saw differently than reality (people who know me will know that this is not an uncommon occurence!). Emily's card has a black front with photo corner die cuts on each corner. I saw it as a white card with a cool black shape on top and then a lovely big circle in the middle of the square (my favourite). I used a Hero Arts Chrysanthemum outline stamp and copics. I used Melon Mambo, and Basic Black, this week's Dynamic Duo challenge colours.




Sticking with the Dynamic Duo colours for this week, I echoed Emily's graphic use of rings on the background. Hmmm. Does this need a black frame around the white layer? You know I love a good black frame!  Stampin' Up (Mixed bunch flower and Fabulous Phrases thanks).

Thanks for the inspiration, Emily, and congratulations on being this week's Featured Stamper!

11 comments:

  1. Two great cards. The first one has an Asian feel. You have an interesting lot of stamps. Som of which are finding their way onto my "to have " list.
    Then we have the question - whose reality is real? Because until you pointed out the photo corners I thought it was a white background with interestin black matting???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. The second card is so striking. I think a black mat addition would look great, but it is fine the way it is! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a couple of fabulous cards Ardyth! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are wonderful, Ardyth! Love the beautiful pattern on the first and the fabulous CAS style of the second! Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This caught my eye in the gallery and then when I came to visit, I was totally wowed by the first card too! Great job, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ardyth, I am always amazed by your creations! So clean and graphic. And I'm so honored that you chose to CASE me and play along with FS280. I just LOVE your takes on both of these!! It was fun to read how you saw that first card--I had to think hard about it myself ;). Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ardyth ... great cards but what did you use in the middle of your circle ? It looks like sparkly things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards. The first one is so dramatic and the second so CAS love your style. Thanks' for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning stamping and colouring on the first one and I love the shiny stuff on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! Love the glitter you added!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.