Sunday 11 March 2012

IC327 - A Cool Breeze

Who knew there is a whole website devoted to fashionable hand fans?! Well there is. A Cool Breeze is the site of our inspiration for this week's challenge. There are some amazing works of art there and you can order fans for events, including your wedding, which would be very appreciated by guests on a hot day!

Here's the first fan I chose:

Love this colour combination! Here's my card:

I tried to capture the sense of movement outward from the centre, by the positioning and direction of the various sized leaves. I deepened the edges with copic markers for some dimension and added a few spots of stickles for sparkle.


Second fan:

And my card:



Last week I made a card that turned out to be a little too green, in my humble opinion, so I tried to lighten up a little this week! I think this could be a pretty Mother's day card - I used crystal effects on the flower centres for dimension.


Third fan (this one had a horse, so I HAD to use it for inspiration!)


And my card:



I coloured the bottom of the card with a copic marker, leaving the visible stripes to mimic the centre of the fan. I like how the sun's rays give this a somewhat Asian feel, and I LOVE this sentiment from Deadbeat Designs!

Supplies:
Stamps: Various Papertrey  and Stamps of Life leaves
Paper: Whisper White, Silver Mirror, Melon Mambo
Ink: Pear Tart, Melon Mambo, London Fog
Accessories: Copics and stickles


Stamps: Stampendous
Paper: Whisper White, Garden Green
Ink: Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics and Crystal Effects


Stamps: Heather's Stamping Haven (horse), Deadbeat Designs (sentiment), ? (Sun rays)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Gina K Pure Luxury
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx, Island Indigo, Summer Sun, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Copics

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.