Wednesday 25 January 2012

OLW 76 - Colour in Winter

Today's OLW challenge at Simplicity (http://simplicitybylateblossom.blogspot.com/2012/01/one-layer-wednesday-76-color-in-winter.html) is to make a card with a 'gallon' of grey, a 'quart' of white and an ounce of colour. Once again, as I was working on the 4th version of my first card (some cards just do not want to be made!), an idea for a completely different card came to me. So here they are, in order:




I have to admit that one-layer cards are not my strength. I always feel that they need a 'frame' of colour and so these may end up being 're-purposed' onto coloured card bases.

Enjoy!

Supplies: 
Stamps: Impression Obsession, Stampin' Up!, Papertrey Ink
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Memento London Fog, Melon Mambo, Summer Sunrise and Only Orange
Accessories: Stardust Stickles

5 comments:

  1. I was totally waiting for your response to this challenge and I am not disappointed! I really like the one with the pink flower in the centre - I think the business of the tiny flowers (with stickles!) gives the card some depth, which is helpful in the one-layer card. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about sometimes feeling the cards are unfinished. My first card wasn't actually one layer... and I felt that was cheating to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't change anything - I think these are super! I love the first card and the second has a lovely graphic feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't change a thing! Both cards are great! I think perhaps the first one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both cards...the lacy feel of the first and the graphic feel of the second! ;)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.