Monday 30 January 2012

Featured Stamper 260 - Wannabcre8tive

Each Sunday, Splitcoaststampers hosts a "Featured Stamper" challenge. We are supposed to pick one card from the Featured Stamper's gallery and CASE it. As I looked through Shirley's gallery, I couldn't narrow it down to one - I found four!

Here's the first one of Shirley's:


Love the crisp navy and white colour combination, the square card, the big circular flower. Here's my CASE:



Wouldn't it be fun to make a set of these in different colours?


The second one of Shirley's I chose because I absolutely love these colours on the craft background!  The white pops and I'm always a sucker for a snowflake:


 I would have loved to just remake her card exactly the way it was, but that's not really the point of the challenge:



The next two are Christmas cards from Shirley's gallery:

The first reminded me of an idea I had after Christmas. Every year, I make and donate the Christmas cards that our Church sends to members. The layout of this card had been rattling around in my mind for the 2012 cards, but with the word 'believe'. You often see that sentiment under Santa, but it applies equally, maybe even more, to baby Jesus. When I saw Shirley's card:




I knew it was time to put this idea onto paper:



I love the clean colour combination of silver, white and red. I think it echoes the simplicity of the message.


Finally, the Christmas star. Here's Shirley's starry sky on navy:



And here's mine:




Shirley - thank you so much for all the inspiration! I feel like I've got a head start on next Christmas already!

Supplies:
Navy Flower:
Stamps: Stampin' Up (Pick a petal), small  solid circle
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: Stickles (to hide smudges!!) and circle punch for flower centre


Cherry Blossom tree:
Stamps: Stamin' Up (Season of Friendship, Little Pieces)
Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Suede, Versamark
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Red Copic marker


Believe:
Stamps: Stampabilities, Papertrey Ink (Fresh Alphabet)
Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder


O Holy Night:
Stamps: Inkadinkado (corner stars), Stampabilities (sentiment)
Paper: Whisper White, Gold Shimmer, Night of Navy, Gina K Pure Luxury
Ink: Night of Navy, Versamark
Accessories: Egyptian Gold Embossing Powder, Dark Blue Stickles, Champagne Stickles

1 comment:

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.