Thursday, 23 March 2017
Here's my card for this week's Muse challenge where Jenni gave us a sweet baby card as inspiration:
I focused on Jenni's:
-pink white and black colour scheme
-3 focal objects
-mixed text and script sentiment
-Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers
-Simon Says Stamp Easter Greetings
-MFT patterned paper
Wednesday, 22 March 2017
We're down to the last week to play along with this month's SugarPea Designs Mix it Up challenge and I'm here with some more inspiration for you!
I tried to combine the sketch and the inspiration photo. I started by stamping a loose circle of flowers in various shades of purple. I cut out and popped up the centre of the 'bouquet' and then added two strips with the sentiment. I popped up 3 flowers for more dimension and interest.
Here's a reminder of the rules:
- Create a new card or project using the challenge provided.
- SugarPea Designs stamps are NOT required to play along or to win but would be appreciated :)
- You may rotate/flip the sketch & replace shapes – so long as the original sketch layout is recognizable.
- Upload to your blog or other Online Gallery using Keyword: SPDMIU29 so that we may check out your beautiful work.
- Add your name and link to your project in the InLinkz shown on the SugarPea Designs blog.
- One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 Gift Certificate to the SugarPea Designs store. However, if the winning entry features a SugarPea Designs stamp we will increase the prize to $50!
- We will announce our Sweet Picks and our Main Winner at the end of each month.
- The more times you play along during the month, the better chance you have of winning!
A cute card with sweet snugglies for this week's Inspired by All the Little Things.
I used a slice of the night sky to represent how much these two guys miss each other.
-MFT Snuggle Bunnies and matching dies
-MFT Lots of Hugs
-MFT Blue Prints 25
Sunday, 19 March 2017
Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper DJRants! I chose this card as my inspiration:
I focused on:
-use of patterned background
-LawnFawn Hillside Flower Pop Up Die
-LawnFawn Baked with Love
-LawnFawn Perfect Plaid patterned paper
Saturday, 18 March 2017
Here's my card for the current Ellen Hutson Pin-Sights challenge. Here's our inspiration:
I focused solely on the bowl in the bottom left corner. I wanted to capture the shimmery glow. And I think I did. On the card. SO much harder to capture it in a photo! Especially on a cloudy day with all this shimmer and shine from the embossing and sequins. I used a tip I got from my friend Tracey McNeely - photograph from above to capture shimmer better. I've also posted a short video on my Instagram feed, where you can see it through the movement of the card.
-Essentials by Ellen Mondo Peony and matching dies
-Essentials by Ellen Up the Happy
-Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Colours
-Lucky Clover and Mowed Lawn distress ink
-Concord & 9th Birthday sequins (I think these were a limited edition).
Thursday, 16 March 2017
Here's my card for this week's Muse challenge, where Tracey gave us an Easter-themed inspiration.
I focused on Tracey's:
I am also linking up to Addicted to CAS's Doodle Challenge:
-WPlus9 DoodleBuds and matching dies
Monday, 13 March 2017
Here's my card for the current Addicted to Stamps and More challenge, Make your Mark.
Those of you who know me, know that I love my spa days! Such a treat to have someone take care of you! I also love berry smoothies!
-Essentials by Ellen Mirror, Mirror
-Essentials by Ellen Sp Day