Thursday, 23 November 2017

Wednesday, 22 November 2017

Muse 243 - Deck the Halls


Oh my goodness, aren't these mice adorable! This is my card for this week's Muse challenge, where Kim brought us an equally cute inspiration:


I focused on Kim's:
-mice theme
-dotted background

Thanksgiving is long over here in Canada (we celebrate in October), so I went with a Christmas theme and pulled out some un-inked Stampin' Up stamps and coloured them with Copics.


I used:

Tuesday, 21 November 2017

Ellen Hutson 11th Anniversary Blog Hop (Day 2)


Welcome! Today, I'm thrilled to be hopping with some very talented ladies in the 2nd Day of Ellen Hutson's 11th Anniversary Blog Hop!



It took me forever to come up with this card. Only because when I was asked to participate, I was told to use my favourite Essentials by Ellen products. I completely freaked out! Favourite?! What?! That's like choosing a favourite child!! Haha! I went through all my EBE sets again and again. When I finally settled on Bold Blooms and Bold Blossoms (with some help from Modern Christmas), this seasonal card came together quickly.

I love the dreamy quality the soft colours give this card.

Happy Anniversary, Ellen! I wish you many, many more!

PS - there are PRIZES! Check out the CLASSroom for all the details!

The next stop on the hop is the fabulous Donna Mikasa!


I used:

Monday, 20 November 2017

EH Pin-Sights - Happy Thanksgiving


Good morning! Here's my card for the current Ellen Hutson Pin-Sights Challenge:

NovemberColorTrend

I was totally captivated by the rich colours in the leaf photo - from greens to yellows to that deep purple, and I knew I wanted to use those, so I started to experiment.

I started with what I know best - Distress Inks. I blended a full 4.25x5.5 panel of Neenah with Seedless Preserves, Fired Brick, Ripe Persimmon, Wild Honey and Forest Moss. I loved the depth of the colours. I then took a leaf stamp and started stamping with water (spritzed the stamp with water, held it on the panel for about 4 or 5 seconds). The immediate effect was less than impressive. 

So I thought I would try Distress Inks on watercolour cardstock to see if the water would be more noticeable. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the same intensity of colour on that cardstock and really, the water didn't seem to work at all. 

Next, I tried Distress Oxides on watercolour. They blend beautifully and the water lifted pretty well, but the colours I have were not quite right.

After doing all this, I looked back at  my first panel and could see that while they effect was still subtle, it really had developed a bit as everything dried. Of all my work, this one was the one I liked best.

I cut a few full leaves from the first panel I had created and then blended a narrower strip and stamped the leaves a little closer together so that they would be visible even on the smaller surface.

I created my sentiment with stamps from two different stamp sets. They have a similar line weight and hand-written feel, so they work well together.

I used: